The oldest grid in the world, NYC’s, will have to rapidly innovate to accommodate more distributed energy resources while planning for future load growth as we seek to electrify heating systems and introduce EVs on the roads. This panel will focus on tangible examples of currently implemented technologies helping to prove out these future capabilities.
• Bob Currie, CTO at Smarter Grid Solutions
• Michael DeSocio, Senior Manager, Market Design at NYISO
• Ke Wei, Assistant Director for Infrastructure, New York City Mayor's Office of Recovery & Resiliency, Office of Sustainability
• Stephen Wemple, Director of Con Edison's Utility of the Future team
• Moderator - Pat Sapinsley, Director of Cleantech Initiatives, Urban Future Lab